Time to hold your baby ????
Finally after all the efforts & tears of happiness you have your bundle of joy, Your Newborn Baby in your arms. Sink it in. This is the time you have been waiting for all these nine months. To see & hold your baby in your arms. To feel your baby, feel those little fingers trying to grab your finger, feel those twinkling eyes look at the world in bewilderment, feel the feeling of calling your baby as your OWN.
I feel the feeling of your heart, I feel the skip of beat in my heart, I feel the feeling when I gave you birth I feel like its my own new birth So thank you my baby for this wonderful feeling I will be ever so indebted to God for this ethereal feeling By - Rupali Paul (Mom Kid Life)
Well, the moment you have been waiting forever is finally here & so are some unsettling questions.
Am I holding the baby properly? How should I feed my baby? Will my baby get enough milk? How should I change the diaper? How should I bathe my baby? How should I massage my baby?
So many questions running in your brain. RELAX
It’s not all that difficult. You will get there & get there well. Just be aware that whenever you have any doubt about anything relating to baby PLEASE ASK your Doctor or midwife or pediatrician.
So lets start with the Basics of taking care of your Newborn Baby Care Tips
Newborn babies are so soft & delicate that even experienced moms & dads can find it very overwhelming to hold their baby. So it is very obvious that new moms can be a bit stressed out.
But there is no need to worry & panic.
Go through our different styles of Holding Newborn Baby Guide. In this article I have compiled all the essential Basics of Newborn Baby Care. You can go through each of them one by one.
So lets start first with Guide on How to Hold your Newborn Baby in Safe & Effective Ways
Firstly wash or sanitize your hands before you hold your baby as your baby’s immune system has not yet developed. Always ensure to provide support to the baby’s head while you are picking up or holding him or her.
So, now lets go through different styles of holding your Newborn Baby.
You can click on the links for more information
- 1. Cradle hold
- 2. Shoulder Hold
- 3. Belly Hold
- 4. Face to face hold
- 5. Hello world hold
- 6. Football or a Clutch Hold
- 7. Lap Hold
Now that you know about How to HOLD your NEWBORN BABY, lets move on to another section in Newborn Baby Care Tips
How to Bathe your Newborn Baby
- 1. Get everything ready
- 2. Lay your baby on Flat surface
- 3. Clean around each eye
- 4. Keep your baby covered with a towel to stay warm:
- 5. Cleaning newborn’s hair
- 6. Dry pat your baby
- 7. Apply moisturizer
- 8. Wear baby clean clothes
- 1. Get everything ready for the bath first.
- 2. Fill warm water in the baby bath tub
- 3. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BABY ALONE
- 4. Place baby in warm water
- 5. Use baby soap or baby body wash
- 6. Clean baby with damp cloth
- 7. Let baby have fun time in the bath
- 8. Pat dry your baby
So far we have seen how to Hold your Newborn Baby & How to Bathe your Newborn Baby. Now lets see some more Newborn Baby Tips for Changing your Newborn’s diaper.
Newborn Baby Diaper Change
So lets start with some Basics of Diaper Changing
Baby diaper change can be surprising for many first-time parents as they see how many diapers they go through in a day. To make life easier for yourself, have plenty of diapers on hand before you bring your baby home.
I have given below the steps of diaper changing. Follow these steps for a happy baby diaper changing experience for you & your newborn baby. For more information on them please click the link & you will be taken to the relevant information.
- Have the following items within reach before you begin your baby diaper change:
- Lay your baby in a proper position for baby diaper change
- Remove your baby’s diaper
- Clean your baby’s diaper area
- Right way to clean nappy area during your baby diaper change
- Dry your baby
- Secure your baby
- Trash the dirty diaper in the bin
- Change of clothes for baby
- Clean the changing surface
- Diaper fastening
- Secure your baby with your hand
- Adamant rash
- Distractor help
Let’s see a video to get a better idea on Baby Diaper Change
Well good luck with Happy Baby Diapering
So far, we have covered these three topics:
Now lets go ahead and learn more about Feeding your Baby – Breastfeeding Basic Tips.
Before we go to Breastfeeding Tips for New Moms or Experienced Moms lets go through the Benefits of Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding can be a bit difficult & might take a little time to get a hang of it. So some moms can get a bit dissuaded & may be out off from breastfeeding. Hence, it is of prime importance to know the benefits of breastfeeding for a new mom & newborn.
Now lets go to Breastfeeding Tips for New & Experienced Moms.
Breastfeeding can be confusing, discouraging & challenging not just for new moms but also for some experienced moms. But, with some help from your midwife or lactation specialist, it is not something that is difficult to overcome. It is absolutely normal to feel & have all those anxieties & nervousness.
Here are 13 Best & Useful Breastfeeding Tips
For more information on each one click on the links:
- 1. Get an early start
- 2. Nursing Bra
- 3. Frequency of Breastfeeding
- 4. Proper positioning
- 5. Nursing Pillow
- 6. Nursing Pads or Breast Pads
- 7. Nurse on Demand
- 8. Alternate Breast with each feeding
- 9. Air dry nipples
- 10. Infection like Mastitis
- 11. Is my baby getting enough milk?
- 12. Keep hydrated & your tummy full with Healthy Food
- 13. Professional help
So now you are well versed with Breastfeeding Benefits & Tips. All the Best with a well fed & happy Baby and a smiling Mom
Did you know your Breast Milk has some cool uses. Lets find that by clicking below:
In the next section of Newborn Baby Care Tips lets find out more about soothing your crying baby.
Everyone likes a happy & smiling baby. A newborn baby brings a lot of excitement & happiness to the whole family. But, there are times when the baby can get cranky and keep crying. Now how will you soothe and comfort a crying baby?
Why your Baby is Crying?
So the first thing that you must find out is – Why is my baby crying ?
There could be different situations wherein your baby might cry. Let’s go through them and see how you can try soothing your baby in these scenarios. You can click on each of these scenarios to know more about them in detail.
Now that you know the scenarios in which your baby can cry & when you will need to soothe your baby.
Ways to Soothe your Newborn Baby
Given below are different ways in which you can soothe or calm your baby:
- Breastfeeding a hungry baby
- Try giving your baby a pacifier
- Try comforting baby by holding your baby on your shoulder
- Rocking baby in a rocker or using a rocking chair
- Sing or talk softly to your baby
- Gently rub your baby’s back
- Try holding your baby in different positions & see which is the most comfortable position for soothing your baby
- Sometimes even a warm bath can help soothe your baby
- You can also try giving your baby a nice moisturizing massage
- Change diaper at regular intervals
- In case your baby has got diaper rashes, try applying a good diaper rash cream.
- Try massaging tummy for a fussy baby
- You can also try burping your baby which helps your baby to calm down.
- Swinging from side to side slowly
- Check the temperature in case your baby is not well & call the doctor if required.
So these were some important Newborn Baby Care Tips.
It is not necessary that you will all have same scenarios or will even go through same experience.
Every Baby is different & unique. And so is very MOM and her experiences. Go with the flow. Understand all the cues that your baby will keep giving you throughout their caring process.
Don’t give up on any efforts.
Don’t give up on caring for your BABY
Don’t give up on BEING MOM– Rupali Paul (Mom Kid Life)
That’s the only Best Tip that anyone can give you.
Trust yourself & your instincts & everything will fall in place.
Share with me your experiences of Caring for your Newborn Baby by commenting below. Did you go through any difficulty or was as natural as it could be. I am waiting to hear your story.
Comment Now & share your story.
If you feel you want to share your story via email please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org